It actually is pretty easy to Sign Up for our Farm Share CSA in just 3 steps:
- Choose your Share Size/Frequency & your Add-On shares
- Choose where to get your box
- Choose your payment option.
STEP 1 Choose your Base Vegetable Share & Add-Ons
We offer there sizes to meet your needs:
- Small Vegetable Share, $20.00, targets 5-6 items
- Medium Vegetable Share, $30.00, targets 8-9 items
- Large Vegetable Share $40.00, targets 12-14 items
- Mini Market Box, $35
- Small Market Box $65
- Medium Market Box $95
What’s an item? – A bunch of beets, a head of cabbage, a quart of potatoes, a bag of beans, etc.
What’s a Market Box? – not just veggies. This option let’s you fill your box with veggies + anything we have in stock including meat, pasta, honey, fruit, bread, eggs, cheese, flowers and more.
You choose Frequency: Weekly or Every other week
Weekly: 20 weeks, June – October, fresh produce every week
Every other week: 10 weeks, usually every other week, June – October
- This is our most popular option giving you the most flexibility in scheduling.
- Lets you space out using all your vegetables over two weeks.
Need more help choose the perfect share for your life? View the “What Size Share Should I choose? GUIDE”
Choose your Add-On Shares
The more you add the less you need to shop somewhere else. We’ve tasted and approved these extras for our family and are happy to offer these fantastic, high quality, locally produced items to you. We produce some of these Add-On Shares and others are from partner farms.
Bread – Whole grain organic flour and my own wild yeast starter baked in our own on-site Wood-fired Brick Oven. Longer rise times and sourdough methods make the nutrients in the wheat more available to our digestive system. The bread variety will change throughout the year. I make many variations of wheat breads, rye breads, pumpernickel, and more. These are mostly sandwich breads, the loaves are about 24oz, and are available fresh on Saturdays. The bread delivered on Wednesday or Thursday will usually be frozen immediately after baking to preserve freshness. ($6.50/week. Choose weekly or bi-weekly to match your veggie share. If you want more than one, adjust the quantity at sign up.)
Raw Cheese – We are happy to offer this quality cheese so you can enjoy it’s health benefits. Most of the cheese comes from Hilltop Meadow Farm in Pine Grove, PA although we occasionally have raw cheese from other PA farms. These farms give their cows a grass diet and produce creamy, mild cheeses. Varieties include cheddar, sharp cheddar, havarti, smoked cheddar, colby, pepperjack, swiss, gouda, feta, garlic & herb and others. Each week you will receive one pound of raw milk cheese of the variety we select. ($12.50/week. Choose weekly or bi-weekly to match your veggie share. If you want more than one, adjust the quantity at sign up.)
Eggs – You will receive one dozen fresh certified organic eggs from Willow Haven’s local partner farms. These chickens only receive organic feed and their eggs are gathered and washed daily. You may order more than one share of eggs. ($6/week. Choose weekly or bi-weekly to match your veggie share. If you want more than one dozen, adjust the quantity at sign up.) VERY POPULAR
Fruit – This fruit share allows you to receive fresh, delicious fruit produced by several area farms. You will receive strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blueberries, black raspberries, peaches, apples, and pears. Most fruit will come from Scholl Orchards and Schmidt’s Berry Farm. These growers have served local customers for many years and pay close attention to quality. Occasionally I am able to purchase organically grown fruit but most of the fruit will be conventionally grown. Each fruit delivery will contain at least 2 ‘containers’ of fruit. Smaller berries come in small containers and large fruit like apples or peaches comes in quarts. For example, 5 or 6 peaches fit into a quart. ($13/week. Choose weekly or bi-weekly to match your veggie share. If you want more, adjust the quantity at sign up. 1 share = 2 containers, 2 shares = 4 containers.) VERY POPULAR
Flowers – You will receive a beautiful, unique bouquet delivered to your home or workplace for eight weeks on a bi-weekly schedule which will allow you to enjoy the variations of the whole season. Each bouquet is grower’s choice which means you will receive the BEST of what we have growing in the field. Flowers will include calendula, phlox, dalphinium, snapdragons, cosmos, sunflowers, zinnias and much more! ($20/delivery. Every other week delivery will match your veggie share. If you want more than one dozen, adjust the quantity at sign up.)
Artisan Cheese – Receive a selection of our handcrafted ripened and fresh products from Haven Farmstead. Usually a both a fresh and aged cheese. Weights will vary depending on type of cheese, approx.10-12 oz total/week. 10 weeks, delivered every other week with your vegetable share. Click here to find out what types of cheese we make. ($16/delivery. Every other week delivery will match your veggie share. If you want more than one dozen, adjust the quantity at sign up.)
STEP 2 Choose How to Receive Your Box
Market Style – Willow Haven Farm, Saturdays, 10 am – 2 pm
You will come to Willow Haven farm and pick out your items from our Vegetable Wagon. You get to choose exactly which vegetables you want, just like at a Farmer’s market. Do you want a large cucumber or several smaller ones? Do you want green or yellow beans this week? This is the most customized option because you pack your own box and pick out each individual item. We can also offer more variety and limited quantity items on a first come, first served basis.
Customized Box – We will pack your box using your choices and preferences for the week.
Home Delivery – Wednesday, 1 pm – 6 pm at your home
Location Pick Up – Bethlehem (Wed), New Tripoli (Wed), Allentown (Sat.)
Workplace Delivery – for employees only. So far, OraSure and Wacker have joined.
Pick Up Site Details
Bethlehem – Bonn Place Brew Co. 3rd Ave., WED, 4 pm – 8pm
Bethlehem – PBS39 Media Center, THURS, 2:45pm – 6:45pm)
Allentown – St. Stephen of Hungary Church, Union and 5th, SAT, 8:30 am – 10 am
New Tripoli – Willow Haven Farm, WED, 2 pm – 8 pm
STEP 3 Choose Payment Plans & Delivery Upgrade
The base price of our Vegetable Shares are $20- $40/week. Picking up at the Farm is our best value. Home Delivery is a premium convenience with a $8/delivery fee. Pick Up locations and Workplace delivery have an associated $4.00/delivery fee.
- Pay in Full at the checkout page which will total all your shares and any delivery fees. No worries, no charges throughout the season.
- Pre-season Payment Plan 25% of your total will be charged immediately. On your first pickup/delivery 25% will be charged. Remaining 50% will be divided by remaining number of weeks and be charged on each of those delivery weeks. Delivery charges will only be charged on your delivery weeks.
- In season Payment Plan – downpayment equalling 4 shares will be charged immediately. Remaining total will be divided by remaining number of weeks and be charged on each of those delivery weeks. Delivery charges will only be charged on your delivery weeks.
Benefits of CSA Membership:
- 20 weeks great-tasting, organically grown vegetables June – October, picked fresh, so you get the best possible nutrition and storage life.
- Fully customized shares so you can eat what you like and love what you cook.
- Add-on shares to make it a one-stop-shop: Fruit, eggs, bread, artisan, raw cheese and flowers.
- Delivery to your own home, if you choose.
- On Farm Market is open to all members, Saturdays 10 am – 2 pm so you can experience the farm.
- Customized emails with cooking tips, meal ideas and recipes to teach you how to get the most out of every box, reducing food waste.
- Supporting a local business and sustaining a valuable, PA Family Farm
- When you know your farmer, you can trust your food.
- Invitations to Hands-on Classes, Farm Tours, and other Farm Events to keep you connected to your food.
- Extra purchases and Seasonal Specials offered throughout the year to get even more from your membership.
So, that’s it.
You should have a pretty good idea of what you want to sign up for.
If you are ready to sign up now, go to our Sign Up Page.
If you still need more information, find our Frequently Asked Questions at the bottom of THIS PAGE.
Thanks for taking the time to read this long email. If you have any further questions, just send an email (hit reply) or message me.
P.S. Check out our post What If I CAN’T do a Farm Share CSA this year? There IS an option that might fit you better.