Don’t let a whole chicken intimidate you. Our organically raised, pastured chicken is excellent, especially when prepared correctly. Prepared this way, you will have delicious chicken for sandwiches or other recipes like chicken salad and casseroles. One of our family’s favorites, this recipe is tender, juicy and flavorful every time.
Spicy Rapid Roast Chicken
originally from allrecipes.com
1 whole WHF chicken ( 3- 4 lb)
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Rinse chicken in cold water; pat dry
- Put chicken in baking pan that is just fits in. Rub with softened butter.
- Mix salt and seasonings together. Sprinkle generously over chicken and rub on inside.
- Roast chicken in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Lower the oven to 400 degrees F and continue roasting 40 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes. Serve.
23 – 24 lbs of chicken for $100.