Here is a recipe I created for a delicious salad using many of the ingredients in this week’s first Farm Share CSA Box. It might just be the perfect Salad for using your first box.
Bok Choy is my favorite spring green because it can be used raw or cooked and has two textures: crunchy stem and green leaf.
First Box Salad
- 1 bunch bok choy, sliced thin, stems and all
- 1/2 bag arugula, cut smaller, if desired
- 1 green onion (scallions), white and green, sliced thin
- 4 radish, grated or chopped
- Herb: chives, dill, cilantro etc.
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T lime juice or one lime
- 1 T wine vinegar
- 1 t honey , or more to taste
- 1 garlic crushed
- 1 t salt
- Variation: add 1 – 2 t toasted sesame oil, and or toasted sesame seeds
- Variation: add hot pepper flakes, or fresh hot pepper chopped fine
- Assemble salad ingredients and mix together
- Mix dressing
- When ready to serve: pour dressing over greens and mix thoroughly
- Serve immediately