Turnips can be so delicious but you need to find your favorite way to prepare them so that you can look forward to enjoying them. This weekend I decided to pan fry my bunch of turnips in a cast iron skillet on the stove top. I was pleased with the end result, so here is the recipe for you to try.
Pan Fried Turnips with Green Onion and Feta
1 bunch turnips
2 – 4 Tablespoons good butter
¼ cup green onion, sliced fine
2 – 4 Tablelspoons feta cheese
- Trim ends off your turnips.
- Slice ¼ inch thick slices.
- Heat skillet to medium high.
- Melt generous amount of high quality butter like grass-fed or Kerry Gold.
- Place one layer of turnip slice in skillet for 3 -4 minutes.
- Flip over when lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet and salt to taste.
- Repeat with remaining turnips.
- Finely slice the green leafy tops of your onions.
- Sprinkle fried turnip slices with green onion slices and crumbled feta cheese.
- If you like some heat, sprinkle with your favorite hot sauce.
Serve and Eat immediately.
Feta Cheese from Haven Farmstead Table
Our new cheese business, Haven Farmstead Table, is now making Feta Cheese, right here on the farm. We are grazing and milking seven cows in our lush grass pastures and that milk goes directly into our cheese room for each batch of fresh cheese. You can purchase
Do you like this recipe for Pan Fried Turnips?
What is your favorite way to cook and eat your turnips?