How long do fresh peaches/plums keep?
Generally, conditioned peaches will last for 3-4 days on the counter, slightly longer in the fridge, and they can be frozen for an extended time.
- Do not place peaches in the refrigerator if they are still firm.
- Leave them on your counter at room temperature until they reach your desired softness.
- For faster ripening you may place peaches in a brown paper bag on your counter.
- Once your peaches have reached your desired softness, you may place them in the refrigerator.
- In the refrigerator, peaches should last an additional week or so.
- For maximum flavor, allow peaches to warm to room temperature before eating (about 30 minutes).