1lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 bunch bok choy (stalks cut and saved)
3 to 4 tsp rice wine with 1 tsp cornstarch
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
3 thin sliced ginger
3 tbsp oil
salt & pepper
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1tbsp water
Sauce: (mix the following in a bowl)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar 2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp soy sauce 1 tbsp oyster sauce
¼ tsp chili paste (optional)
- Marinade shrimp in rice wine mixture at least 15mins
- Cook shrimp in oil till pink and set aside.
- Stir fry garlic and ginger on same pan till brown and add bok choy stalks first, once tender, add the leaves.
- Push bok choy on the side of the pan. Pour in the sauce mixture and boil. Add the dissolved cornstarch and stir till thick. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the shrimp back into the pan and mix all together.